In AX 2012 R3
- For the computation of Depreciation in AX 2012, R3 provides two books. Both have their importance and client use this book as per need.
- Valuation model
- Depreciation book
- Value Model Depreciation should always be initiated through the Fixed Assets Journal. (Fixed assets | Journals | Fixed assets).
- Depreciation Book (Tax Book) Depreciation should always be initiated through the Depreciation Book Journal. (Fixed Assets | Journals | Depreciation book journal).
In AX D365 Finance and operation
- However, in AX D 365 Finance and operation the value model functionality and depreciation book functionality have been merged into a single concept that is known as a “book”.
- Here we assume that client has already configured “book” For asset and already has an asset in AX, so we directly focus on the depreciation part.
- As previously mentioned we concentrate on “book” so, we directly go to fixed assets journal.
- Go to Journal entries > fixed assets journal.
- Create a fixed asset journal by a new button with following journal type.
- Journal type should be “Post Fixed assets”.
- Then go to lines of that journal and click on proposals and select depreciation proposals.
- Afterward, select parameters to run depreciation like Book or fixed assets number.
- The date given on parameter is very relevant for running depreciation as the system calculates Depreciation till that date from the acquisition date or start of the financial year.
- Below is the screenshot of my depreciation proposal result as per the parameter I have selected in the above screenshot. Then, if you are satisfied with result you can post the journal.
The following two tabs change content below.
I am a Functional Consultant (Chartered Accountant) at Dev Information Technology Ltd. I have 2 years of experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 (ERP) and have worked on projects in private sector.
Latest posts by Pranav Patil (see all)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Postings and Closing stock in Dynamic 365 F&O - November 29, 2021
- Indian Accounting Standard Reporting in Dynamics 365 F&O - June 3, 2021
- Everything About Electronic Reporting in Dynamics 365 F&O - June 2, 2021