Steps for MS Office Integration with D365 Finance & Operations
MS Office 365 F&O Integration is an excellent tool that will give you an edge with a productive environment designed to help you get the job done in both Finance and Operations tasks. Setting it up is an easy process, and this blog will guide you through each step.
1. How to Perform MS Excel 365 Integration?
Here are the steps for completing MS Excel 365 Integration:
- Install MS Excel locally on your PC.
- Open MS Excel
- Go to Insert > My Add-ins > Microsoft Dynamics Office Add-in. This will install and enable the Microsoft Dynamics Office Add-in.
- Clicking on Microsoft Dynamics Office Add-in will open a new window on the right side of your screen. Here, it will provide the link of D365 F&O which is installed in your server.
- Next, you will need to sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- After logging in, the data connector will be enabled to fetch your available entities from D365 F&O. You’ll have to click on design and then select entity data source. Click next and it will display the fields in your Excel worksheet.
- Click on the refresh button to display the data in Excel, and now you can Create, Update, or delete records in excel & publish them.
2. Export to Excel and Open in Excel
Let’s take a look at the Export to Excel and Open in Excel Features of the Dynamic 365 Finance and Operations Development Integration:
Export to Excel
- The Export to Excel option is for generating static exports of grid data.
Open in Excel
- The Open in Excel option utilizes the Excel Add-in to facilitate refresh and publish.
- The default fields that will be added into the workbook are the key field and mandatory fields of the entity. If a different set of fields is provided by default, then those fields can be added into the AutoReport Field Group on the entity.
3. Configure Email (SMTP/Exchange)
Here are the steps to configure your email to work with the integration. It works with both SMTP and MS Exchange email clients:
Open Email Parameter Form and Setup
Click on System Administrator > Setup Email > Email Parameter
4. Document Attachment on SharePoint
To share your documents on SharePoint, you will first need to configure a few things. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a SharePoint site
- Copy the SharePoint site’s link & configure in the D365 F&O. For this, you should click Organization Administrator > Document Management > Document Management Parameter
- Go to Document Attachment & Type and provide the target destination folder in the SharePoint site.
- Click Organization Administrator > Document Management > Document Types
By following all the given steps, your integration of MS office for D365 Finance and Operations will be completed. We hope that you have found this tutorial easy to follow, and that it helps you set everything up in seconds. However, if you encounter any problems during the process, please feel free to reach out to DEV IT experts.
Latest posts by Mayur Gajjar (see all)
- Steps for MS Office Integration with D365 Finance & Operations - December 14, 2021
- The Dynamic 365 Finance and Operation Mobile App Walkthrough You Need to know in 2022 - November 29, 2021
- Integrating SMS Global with D365 Finance / SCM - June 9, 2021